IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Couple Examining a Book, undated
Couple Examining a Book
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Mother and Child
- Pen and brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches (19.7 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "79"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | couple | genre subject | reading
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 66, NJ18 R65 S46 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.