- Birth of Man
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 7 inches (13.7 x 17.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 8 3/4 x 11 inches (22.2 x 27.9 cm)
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | birth | children | literary theme
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 101, pl. XXXII, NJ18 R65 S46
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Birth of Man, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.