- Graphite camera lucida drawing on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on sheet of cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (19.4 × 29.2 cm) and Sheet: 9 5/8 × 15 inches (24.5 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, above image upper center: "No. 267; below image lower center: "Antwerp Cathedral"
Signed in pen and black ink, below image lower left: "JFW Herschel delin. Cam. Luc."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cart | cathedral | cityscape | Gothic (Medieval) | hay
- Associated Places:
- Antwerp | Belgium | Cathedral of Our Lady
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir John Frederick William Herschel, first Baronet, 1792–1871, British, Antwerp Cathedral, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.