- Graphite camera lucida drawing on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on sheet of cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (19.4 × 29.2 cm) and Sheet: 9 5/8 × 15 inches (24.5 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, above image upper center: "No. 267; below image lower center: "Antwerp Cathedral"
Signed in pen and black ink, below image lower left: "JFW Herschel delin. Cam. Luc."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cart | cathedral | cityscape | Gothic (Medieval) | hay
- Associated Places:
- Antwerp | Belgium | Cathedral of Our Lady
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir John Frederick William Herschel, first Baronet, 1792–1871, British, Antwerp Cathedral, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.