- The Coliseum, Rome
- Graphite camera lucida drawing on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 10 × 15 1/4 inches (25.4 × 38.7 cm) and Sheet: 8 × 12 1/4 inches (20.3 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: 'No. 369"; lower center: "The Coliseum, Rome"; lower right: "(with extreme care & precision)"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "JFW Herschel delin. Cam. Luc. May 17. 1824."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coliseum
- Associated Places:
- Colosseum | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir John Frederick William Herschel, first Baronet, 1792–1871, British, The Coliseum, Rome, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.