Innisfallen Abbey, 4 September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite sketch from Innisfallen Island
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "6"; in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower right: "Remains of a Monastery | in Innisfallen Island | Killarney."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Septr 4 1841 | T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | carvings | doorway | fisherman | hills | island | lake | landscape | logs | men | monastery | ruins | stone | tree | wall
- Associated Places:
- Innisfallen Abbey | Innisfallen Island | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Innisfallen Abbey, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.