Man of War Rock, Upper Lake Killarney, 4 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper center: "Man of War Rock 'turned upside Down' "; in graphite upper right: "13"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Man of War Rock Keel uppermost near the Entrance of the Upper Lake Killarney"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "TH | Sept 4 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | landscape | men
- Associated Places:
- Ireland | Killarney | Man of War Rock (rock) | Upper Lake
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Man of War Rock, Upper Lake Killarney, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.