Man of War Rock, Upper Lake Killarney, 4 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper center: "Man of War Rock 'turned upside Down' "; in graphite upper right: "13"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Man of War Rock Keel uppermost near the Entrance of the Upper Lake Killarney"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "TH | Sept 4 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | landscape | men
- Associated Places:
- Ireland | Killarney | Man of War Rock (rock) | Upper Lake
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Man of War Rock, Upper Lake Killarney, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.