IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, The Lower Lake from the High Road Between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841, 1841
The Lower Lake from the High Road Between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left to upper right: "Engrance of =Gap of Dunloh. | The McGillicuddy's Crest | Corran Tual Mountain"; in graphite, upper right: "22"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Dunloh house or "; lower left: "The Lower Lake from the High Road between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "6 Sept. 1841. Sketched by T Hastings."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Aghadoe | Carrauntoohil | Dunloe Castle | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.