- The Lower Lake from the High Road Between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left to upper right: "Engrance of =Gap of Dunloh. | The McGillicuddy's Crest | Corran Tual Mountain"; in graphite, upper right: "22"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Dunloh house or "; lower left: "The Lower Lake from the High Road between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "6 Sept. 1841. Sketched by T Hastings."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Aghadoe | Carrauntoohil | Dunloe Castle | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, The Lower Lake from the High Road Between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.