Ash Valley Lake in the Gap of Dunloh, September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Bull Mountain 2010 feet high"; in graphite, upper right: "34"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Ash Valley Lake | in the Gap of Dunloh Killarney. | Supposed to be Johanna Clifford!!!"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "THastings"; dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sept. 1841."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | men | road | seated | trees | valley (landform) | woman
- Associated Places:
- Bull Mountain | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Ash Valley Lake in the Gap of Dunloh, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.