Lady Hamilton and Dog
- after 1785
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 6 1/8 inches (24.4 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, upper right: "990"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower center: "Lady Hamilton and her Dog"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark on verso: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.