Study of Nude Reclining Female Figure: Emma
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: fake, slight sketch of seated figure
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 5 1/8 inches (11.4 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4m"; lower right: "Emma"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...]"; upper right: "1780"; lower left: "471"; lower right: "471"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"; watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- female | figure | figure study | nude | reclining | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Study of Nude Reclining Female Figure: Emma, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.