Head of Lioness
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 5 inches (17.5 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The lion of [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "792"; lower right: "792"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | head | lioness
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.