- Thomas Sackvill Earl of Dorset, Baron of Buckhurst
- ca. 1740
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, ream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 11/16 × 13 1/2 inches (52.5 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 14 5/16 × 9 1/16 inches (36.4 × 23 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 8 1/2 inches (33.7 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1527 - 1608 statesman and poet
Lettered, lower center: "Obt.XIX the Apr. Ano MDCVIII. | THOMAS SACKVILL EARL of DORSET, BARON of BUCKHURST, LORD HIGH TREASURER of | ENGLAND; Chancellor of the University of OXFORD & Knight of the most Noble Order of the Garter | From an Original at Knowles in the possession of his Grace LIONEL Duke of Dorset."; lettered, lower right: "G.Vertue Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Thomas Sackvill Earl of Dorset, Baron of Buckhurst, ca. 1740
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.