- William Cavendish, 1st Duke of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on thick, moderately textured, cream, laid ppaer
- Sheet: 19 15/16 × 13 5/8 inches (50.6 × 34.6 cm), Plate: 14 3/16 × 9 1/4 inches (36 × 23.5 cm), and Image: 13 5/8 × 8 13/16 inches (34.6 × 22.4 cm)
Lettered, center right: "WILLIAM CAVENDISH DUKE OF NEWCASTLE | A Vandyke Eq. pinx."; lettered, lower center: "From the Original in possession of ye Earl & Countess of Oxford."; lettered, lower right: "G.Vertue Londini Sculp. | Impensis J.& P.Knapton Londini, 1739."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, William Cavendish, 1st Duke of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1739
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.