- Famine in India
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink on very thin, smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 × 13 7/16 inches (24.3 × 34.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Famine in India 1866" ; verso, in graphite: "Famine in India"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bull | child | famine | genre subject | historical subject | idols | mother
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Famine in India, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.