IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Famine in India, 1866
Famine in India
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink on very thin, smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 × 13 7/16 inches (24.3 × 34.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Famine in India 1866" ; verso, in graphite: "Famine in India"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bull | child | famine | genre subject | historical subject | idols | mother
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
A Decade of Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2017-06-01 - 2017-08-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.