Mary Queen of Scots Arrested
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (30.2 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 × 6 1/2 inches (25.4 × 16.5 cm)
Lettered within border, lower center: "Mary Queen of Scots Arrested."; below: "Drawn by Brown. Engraved by W. & J. Walker & Published by J. Stratford No. 112 Holborn Hill London, Oct. 12 1811." Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | face page 234"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Mary Queen of Scots Arrested."; below image, lower center: "Drawn by Brown. Engraved by W. & J. Walker & Published by J. Stratford. No. 112. Holborn Hill. London. Oct. 12.1811."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | hats | historical subject | horses (animals) | queen (person)
- Associated People:
- Mary I (1516–1558), queen of England and Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Walker, 1729–1793, British, Mary Queen of Scots Arrested, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.