- Attempt to Assassinate Prince Edward in Palestine
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (30.2 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 5/8 × 6 3/8 inches (27 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 90 | 316"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Attempt to Assassinate Prince Edward | In Palestine"; below image, lower left: "Drawn by Smirke,"; lower right: "Engraved by A. Smith."; below, center: "Published by Nuttall, Fisher & Dixon, Liverpool. May, 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- assassination | bed (furniture) | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | prince
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Edward I (1239–1307), king of England and lord of Ireland, and duke of Aquitaine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Attempt to Assassinate Prince Edward in Palestine, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.