Magna Charta Presented to King John
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (29.8 × 19.4 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 × 6 5/8 inches (24.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs pages 70 | 252"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Magna Charta Presented To | King John."; below image, lower left: "R. Smirke del."; lower center: "Published by J. Stratford 112 Holborn Hill. July 27. 1811."; lower right: "A. Smith fculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | historical subject | king (person) | soldiers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Magna Charta Presented to King John, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.