The Death of Wat Tyler
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), 11 7/8 × 7 5/8 inches (30.2 × 19.4 cm), and 10 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (25.7 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke 107 | 423"
Lettered within image, lower center: "The Death Of Wat Tyler"; below image, lower center: "Drawn by Smirke, Engraved by Milton & Published by J. Stratford 112 Holborn Hill, Decr. 23. 1810."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (weapons) | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | horses (animals) | houses
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Milton, 1743–1827, British, The Death of Wat Tyler, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.