Lady Elizabeth Grey's Interview with Edward IV
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 3/4 inches (29.8 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 10 × 6 3/8 inches (25.4 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 150 | 557 [on]"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Lady Elizabeth Grey's Interview with Edw: IV."; below image, lower left: "Smirke del."; lower right: "A. Smith sculp." ; below, center: "Published by Nuttall. Fisher. & Dixon. Liverpool. June, 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | historical subject | horse (animal) | interview | staircase
- Associated People:
- Edward IV (1442–1483), king of England and lord of Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Lady Elizabeth Grey's Interview with Edward IV, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.