- Death of Henry V
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (29.8 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 × 6 1/8 inches (24.8 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlochke | facs p. 130 | 490"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Death of Henry V."; below image, center: "Drawn by Smirke. Engraved by Bromley & Published by J. Stratford 112 Holborn Hill. August 31, 1811."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beds (furniture) | death | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | king (person) | praying | window
- Associated People:
- Henry V (1386–1422), king of England and lord of Ireland, and duke of Aquitaine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bromley, 1769–1842, British, Death of Henry V, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.