Death of Henry IV
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (29.8 × 19.1 cm), Image: 10 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (26 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 118 | 465"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Death of Henry IV."; below image, center: " Published by Nuttall. Fisher. & Dixon, Liverpool. July. 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | death | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | king (person)
- Associated People:
- Henry IV (1367–1413), king of England and lord of Ireland, and duke of Aquitaine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bromley, 1769–1842, British, Death of Henry IV, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.