- Death of Henry IV
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (29.8 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (26 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 118 | 465"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Death of Henry IV."; below image, center: " Published by Nuttall. Fisher. & Dixon, Liverpool. July. 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | death | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | king (person)
- Associated People:
- Henry IV (1367–1413), king of England and lord of Ireland, and duke of Aquitaine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bromley, 1769–1842, British, Death of Henry IV, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.