Death of Lord Darnley
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (29.8 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 × 6 1/2 inches (25.4 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 232"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Death of Lord Darnley."; below image, lower left: "M. Brown delin."; lower center: "Published by J. Stratford. 112. Holborn Hill. March 17th. 1810."; lower right: "Anker Smith sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- deaths | doors | history paintings | interior | mourners | robes | rooms | royalty | swords | tapestry
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Death of Lord Darnley, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.