Basin of St. Ferreol from the Embarkment Montagne Noire in the Distance
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Upper Landuedoc | Ande"; inscribed in pen and grey ink, lower center: "Basin of St. Ferred | fromthe Embarkment Montane Noire in the distance."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basin | canal | dam | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Basin of St. Ferreol from the Embarkment Montagne Noire in the Distance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.