Plain of Cressy from the Windmill Where King Edward III Was Posted.
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Plain of Cressy from the Windmill | where King Edward III was posted."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "98"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Plain of Cressy from the Windmill Where King Edward III Was Posted, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.