Roman Amphitheatre or les Arnes from the Top of the Great Entrance at Poitiers
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Poitiers | department | Vienne"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Roman Amphitheatre or les Arenes from the top of the | Great Entrance at Poitiers."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "22 Nov."
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Roman Amphitheatre or les Arnes from the Top of the Great Entrance at Poitiers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.