Maillac Post-house Near the Jura Road to Geneva
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Maillac Post-house | near the Jura road to Geneva."; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Burgundy"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "department Ain"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "101"; inscribed lower left (within drawing): "box wood shrubs"
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Maillac Post-house Near the Jura Road to Geneva, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.