- Cupid Overpowering a Satyr
- Watercolor and graphite on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (27.6 x 16.5 cm) and Mount: 14 1/2 x 11 1/8 inches (36.8 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper left: "<18/>"; on mount, upper right: "33" on mount, lower right: "66"; on back, lower left: "G A"; in graphite, lower left: "4962"; on back, lower right: "Richard Cosway: Allegorical Scene"
watermark on mount: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Stuart P. Feld
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | arrows | boy | cherubs | dagger | hooves (animal components) | men | mythology | nude | putti | quiver | religious and mythological subject | satyr | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Cosway, 1742–1821, British, Cupid Overpowering a Satyr, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.