- Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 12 1/4 inches (13.3 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "IR 318"; in graphite, lower right: "153-22=14"
Collector's mark: "Adel"; collector's mark: "DePass Gift"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Flaxman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Richard T. Godfrey
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adventures of the Greeks after the fall of Troy: the wanderings of Ulysses (Homer, Odyssey) | epic | figures | Greek | nudes | poem | religious and mythological subject | studies (visual works)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.