Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Figures and Architectural Drawing
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 12 1/4 inches (13.3 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "IR 318"; in graphite, lower right: "153-22=14"
Collector's mark: "Adel"; collector's mark: "DePass Gift"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Flaxman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Richard T. Godfrey
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adventures of the Greeks after the fall of Troy: the wanderings of Ulysses (Homer, Odyssey) | epic | figures | Greek | nudes | poem | religious and mythological subject | studies (visual works)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.