IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey, undated
Sheet of Figure Studies for The Odyssey
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Figures and Architectural Drawing
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 12 1/4 inches (13.3 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "IR 318"; in graphite, lower right: "153-22=14"
Collector's mark: "Adel"; collector's mark: "DePass Gift"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Flaxman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Richard T. Godfrey
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adventures of the Greeks after the fall of Troy: the wanderings of Ulysses (Homer, Odyssey) | epic | figures | Greek | nudes | poem | religious and mythological subject | studies (visual works)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.