Dundry Tower, Leigh Wood, Hotwell House, Clifton
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 12 5/16 inches (26.3 x 31.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 9 3/16 x 11 1/8 inches (23.3 x 28.2 cm), and Image: 6 15/16 x 10 1/16 inches (17.6 x 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "100-"
Lettered, lower center: "DUNDRY TOWER, LEIGH WOOD, HOTWELL HOUSE, &.c | FROM THE ZIGZAG. | CLIFTON. | Drawn on Stone by W. Gauci, from a Sketch by the Rev.d J. Bulwer. | Published by O.C. Lane, Library, Sion Place, Clifton | Printed by Engelmann G.C. &Co"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | buildings | cliffs | clouds | dog (animal) | genre subject | hill | inlet | labor | landscape | leisure | men | mountains | path | rocks (landforms) | sails | sand | ships | tower (building division) | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Clifton | England | Europe | Lancashire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Gauci, active 1825–1854, British, Dundry Tower, Leigh Wood, Hotwell House, Clifton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.