The Sea Walls, from the Leigh Wood Quarry, Clifton
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (26 x 37.8 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 9 x 11 3/16 inches (22.8 x 28.4 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 10 3/16 inches (17.4 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "100-"
Lettered, lower center: "THE SEA WALLS, &c. | FROM THE LEIGH WOOD QUARRY | CLIFTON. | Drawn on Stone by W. Gauci from a Sketch by the Rev.d J. Bulwer. | London Published by Engelmann, Graf, Coindel & Co, 92 dean St Soho & O.C. Lane, Library, Sion Place, Clifton | Printed by Engelmann, GC & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | cliffs | clouds | genre subject | hill | inlet | landscape | leisure | men | mountains | quarry | rocks (landforms) | sails | sand | seawall | ships | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Clifton | England | Europe | Lancashire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Gauci, active 1825–1854, British, The Sea Walls, from the Leigh Wood Quarry, Clifton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.