War !!! Commencement of Hostilities --Combined movement of the Allied Powers.
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 17 1/8 inches (30.3 x 43.5 cm) and Image: 9 3/8 x 13 5/8 inches (23.8 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "8.00"; lower left: "8 (circled)";
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 147"; lower center: "WAR!!! | Commencement of Hostilities. ___ Combined Movement of the Allied Powers. | London, Pubd by Thos McLean, 26 Haymarket August 10th 1831"; lower right inside image: "HB"; lower right below image: "Printed by C. Motte 70 St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- broken | costume | fancy dress | genre subject | judge | letters | men | papers | parliament | parody | political | politicians | protesting | running | satire | satirical | scepter | sketches | sticks | top hats | war | wig | windows
- Associated People:
- Lee, William (fl. 1831), High Bailiff of Westminster
Peter, Henry, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778–1868), politician/statesman
Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
Grey, Charles, 2nd Earl Grey (1764–1845), politician/statesman
Stewart, Charles William, 3rd Marquess of Londonderry (1778-1854), KCB, GCB, general and diplomatist
Crockford, William (1775-1844), proprietor of 'Crockford's' gambling club
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, War !!! Commencement of Hostilities --Combined movement of the Allied Powers, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.