Jack in Office
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 17 3/16 inches (30.2 x 43.7 cm) and Image: 10 5/16 x 14 9/16 inches (26.2 x 37 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8.00"; lower left: "3 (circled)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 390"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket 25th April 1835"; lower center: "JACK (underlined) IN OFFICE. | In which Mr Edwin Landseer's admirable Picture is made very free with."; lower right: "Ducote and Stephen's Lithography 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | baskets | bowls | collars | dogs (animals) | genre subject | harness | leader | leashes | parody | political | politicians | poodle (dog) | satire | satirical | sketches | table | top hat | treasury | wheelbarrow | wheels
- Associated People:
- Lambton, John George, 1st Earl of Durham (1792-1840), MP, Ambassador to Russia, Governor-General of Canada
Hume, Joseph (1777 - 1855), East India Company, Parliament
Peter, Henry, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778–1868), politician/statesman
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Jack in Office, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.