IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Axel Herman Haig, 1835–1921, British, Gefaler Cathedral, 1901
- Etching on medium, smooth, beige wove paper mounted on linen
- Sheet: 35 7/16 × 25 13/16 inches (90 × 65.6 cm), Plate: 28 15/16 × 18 7/8 inches (73.5 × 48 cm), Image: 28 3/8 × 18 1/2 inches (72 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below plate, lower left: "Gefaler Cathedral | R.1484d."
Lettered within image, lower right: "19[AHH initials in monogram]]01"; below image, center: London. Published Novemer 7th 1901 by Robt. Dunthorne. 5, Vigo Street, London, W."
Signed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "Axel H. Haig"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.