The Welch Bridge at Shrewsbury
- Etching and line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 1/16 inches (19.4 × 25.6 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.4 × 22.5 cm), Image: 5 3/16 × 7 7/16 inches (13.1 × 18.9 cm)
Lettered within plate, below image, lower left: "P. Sandby Pinxt."; lower center: "The Welch Bridge at Shrewsbury. | Published according to Act of Parliament by G. Kearsly at No. 46 in Fleet Street, May 1, 1776"; lower right: "B. Green Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | marine art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Benjamin Green, ca. 1736–ca. 1800, British, The Welch Bridge at Shrewsbury, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.