- A Gathering at Fulham Palace
- between 1843 and 1845
- Iron gall ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (22.5 × 19.1 cm) and Mount: 11 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (30.2 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, above figures, with numbers ranging from 1 through 9. Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1 Rev Keble | 2 Rev C Foster | 3 Baron Gurney | 4 Saml Rogers"; lower center: "5 [?] Blomfield Bishop of London" ; lower right: "6 Myself GR | 7 Archd Manning | 8 Sir R.H. Inglis | 9 Wm Gladstone"
Blindstamp on lower right: "Eine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Richard J. Mammana Jr., Yale MAR 2012, in memory of Cynthia McFarland
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | baron | historical subject | judge | meeting | men | poet | portrait
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Fulham | London | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- William Ewart Gladstone
Keble, John (1792–1866), Church of England clergyman and poet
Forster, Charles (1787-1871), Church of England clergyman
Gurney, John Hampden (1802–1862), Church of England clergyman and writer
Richmond, George (1809–1896), portrait painter
Inglis, Sir Robert Harry, 2nd Baronet (1786 - 1855), politician/statesman
Rogers, Samuel (1763–1855), poet
Blomfield, Charles James (1786–1857), bishop of London
Manning, Henry Edward (1808–1892), Roman Catholic convert and cardinal-archbishop of Westminster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Richmond, 1809–1896, British, A Gathering at Fulham Palace, between 1843 and 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.