IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John William North, 1842–1924, British, Forest Landscape, ca. 1834
- ca. 1834
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 21 1/2 inches (41.9 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "43A | 65670 | 70"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- foliage | forest | landscape | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Victorian Idyll (Yale Center for British Art, 2019-01-24 - 2019-04-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, cover, V 2811 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.