The Lady in Black
- Former Title(s):
Entranced in Some Diviner Mood of Self-Oblivious Solitude [1887, Royal Academy of Arts, London, exhibition catalogue]
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and line engraving on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 19 3/8 inches (54 × 49.2 cm), Plate: 22 1/2 × 17 5/8 inches (57.2 × 44.8 cm), Image: 21 1/4 × 16 5/8 inches (54 × 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Portraits of Lady in Evening Gown" ; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "5-14-61 | No. 7 | -52- 75.00"
Blind embossed: The Printsellers' Association, "GG" (Lugt 2051)
Lettered above image, upper right: "London Published October 29th 1888 by Thomas McLean of Haymarket"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hubert Herkomer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- black | fan | gloves | portrait | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Victorian Idyll (Yale Center for British Art, 2019-01-24 - 2019-04-21) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, p. 28, V 2811 [ORBIS]