- The Lady in Black
- Etching and line engraving on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 19 3/8 inches (54 × 49.2 cm), Plate: 22 1/2 × 17 5/8 inches (57.2 × 44.8 cm), and Image: 21 1/4 × 16 5/8 inches (54 × 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Portraits of Lady in Evening Gown" ; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "5-14-61 | No. 7 | -52- 75.00"
Embossed mark, below image, lower left: "Print Sellers | GG | Association"
Lettered above image, upper right: "London Published October 29th 1888 by Thomas McLean of Haymarket"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hubert Herkomer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- black | fan | gloves | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, p. 28, V 2811
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Hubert von Herkomer, 1849–1914, British, The Lady in Black, 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.