The Lady in Black
- Former Title(s):
Entranced in Some Diviner Mood of Self-Oblivious Solitude
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and line engraving on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 19 3/8 inches (54 × 49.2 cm), Plate: 22 1/2 × 17 5/8 inches (57.2 × 44.8 cm), and Image: 21 1/4 × 16 5/8 inches (54 × 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Portraits of Lady in Evening Gown" ; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "5-14-61 | No. 7 | -52- 75.00"
Embossed mark, below image, lower left: "Print Sellers | GG | Association"
Lettered above image, upper right: "London Published October 29th 1888 by Thomas McLean of Haymarket"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hubert Herkomer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- black | fan | gloves | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, p. 28, V 2811