Words of Comfort
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Plate: 10 7/8 × 8 inches (27.6 × 20.3 cm) and Image: 9 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (24.1 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1879"
Lettered below image: "H.Herkomer sculpt. | WORDS OF COMFORT | Imp. F. Delarue, Paris"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | elderly | girl | reading | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Hubert von Herkomer, 1849–1914, British, Words of Comfort, 1879