Words of Comfort
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Plate: 10 7/8 × 8 inches (27.6 × 20.3 cm) and Image: 9 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (24.1 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1879"
Lettered below image: "H.Herkomer sculpt. | WORDS OF COMFORT | Imp. F. Delarue, Paris"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | elderly | girl | reading | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Hubert von Herkomer, 1849–1914, British, Words of Comfort, 1879
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.