IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Como, undated
- Graphite and gouache, with stumping on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 5/8 inches (26.3 × 37.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Como"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bell tower | boats | buildings | cathedral | cityscape | cupolas | domes | fort | lake | landscape | men | mountains | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Basilica of Sant'Abbondio | Castello Baradello | Como | Como | Como Cathedral | Italy | Lake Como | Lombardia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.