Bronze by Gold
- Part Of:
- 1985 to 1987
- Soft-ground etching, lift-ground aquatint, line engraving, scraper and burnisher in twenty-three colors from five plates on medium, smooth, white Rives wove paper
- Sheet: 29 15/16 × 22 1/16 inches (76 × 56 cm) and Plate: 20 7/8 × 16 3/4 inches (53 × 42.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below plate, lower left: "Bronze by gold"; lower right: "47/120"
Lettered within plate, upper center: "And | Cochrane"
Signed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "R Hamilton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund and Gift of Mr. and Mrs. James Duncan, Yale BA 1975
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Hamilton, 1922–2011, British, Bronze by Gold, 1985 to 1987
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.