IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, A Woody Landscape, ca. 1801
A Woody Landscape
- ca. 1801
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 inches (14.9 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "By Wm. Blake | vouched by F. Tatham"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D. 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | path | trees | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake - The Artist (Tate Britain, 2019-09-11 - 2020-02-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.