Albion Compelling the Four Zoas to Their Proper Tasks
- Additional Title(s):
Unknown subject: the Sun
- 1804 to 1810
- Graphite and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 12 1/4 inches (25.1 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "1930.234"
Collectors mark: Yale University Art Gallery
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- drapery | literary theme | men | nudes | sickle | wind | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Albion Compelling the Four Zoas to Their Proper Tasks, 1804 to 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.