The Gambols of Ghosts According with Their Affections Previous to the Final Judgement
- Additional Title(s):
Design for Blair's The Grave
- 1805 to 1808
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/16 × 12 1/2 inches (46.2 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "BLAKE | IR 157"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "X [...] | [...] | From the Grave | Dated Works 28 244 | Gilchrist. 72: page 247"
Watermark: t | IHS | IVILLEDARY"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Blake"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | clouds | dancing | doors | fighting | floating | ghosts | literary theme | sketches | spires | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Gambols of Ghosts According with Their Affections Previous to the Final Judgement, 1805 to 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.