The Gambols of Ghosts According with Their Affections Previous to the Final Judgement
- Additional Title(s):
Design for Blair's The Grave
- 1805 to 1808
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 18 3/16 × 12 1/2 inches (46.2 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "BLAKE | IR 157"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "X [...] | [...] | From the Grave | Dated Works 28 244 | Gilchrist. 72: page 247"
Watermark: t | IHS | IVILLEDARY"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Blake"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | clouds | dancing | doors | fighting | floating | ghosts | literary theme | sketches | spires | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Gambols of Ghosts According with Their Affections Previous to the Final Judgement, 1805 to 1808