A Visionary Head
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of a Monument
- 1819 to 1820
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 5/8 inches (19.1 x 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Blakes writing on the | Back-"; in brown ink, lower center: "Drawn by William | Blake-"; in brown ink, lower right: "one of the heads of | Personages Blake used | to call up & see & sketch. | supposed rapidly drawn | from his Vision. | Frederick Tatham"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Scale of Ten Feet"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | figure study | figures | head | man | monument
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, A Visionary Head, 1819 to 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.