- Christ Appearing to the Apostles after the Resurrection
- 1795 to 1805
- Color monotype with watercolor and pen and black ink, varnished on moderately textured wove paper
- Sheet: 17 x 22 1/2 inches (43.2 x 57.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black ink, lower left: "inv. | WB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Purchased 1929
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostles | appearances of Christ after the Resurrection | kneeling | men | praying | religious and mythological subject | sunlight
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Christ Appearing to the Apostles after the Resurrection, 1795 to 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.