Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Head and Neck of a Horse, undated
Head and Neck of a Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of a Horse
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (15.6 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand with monogram in graphite, l.r.: S.G.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | gaze | head | horse (animal) | neck
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.