- Somerset Maugham
- taken 1961, printed 1997
- Gelatin silver print on semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 16 × 12 inches (40.6 × 30.5 cm) and Image: 10 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (27.6 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink, lower left: "Somerset Maugham. 1961. Cap. Ferrat."; lower right: "Photo Lewis Morley | Printed by Lewis Morley 1997"
Blind embossed: "Lewis Morley"
Signed and dated on verso in black ink, lower right: "Morley 97"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | neck | portrait | wrinkles
- Associated People:
- Maugham, (William) Somerset (1874–1965), writer and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, Somerset Maugham, taken 1961, printed 1997
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.