Vanessa Redgrave and Tariq Ali at Protest March
- Gelatin silver print on semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "CAT"; in black ink, lower left to lower right: "Vanessa Redgrave - <Tariq Ali, Vietnam Protest> March"; in red ink on attached label: "Tariq Ali & Vanessa Redgrave 1968"
Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"; printed on attached lined paper: "Dear Terence, | Just a hurried note to explain new catalogue | print if it is not too late for inclusion. The original | prints of the Vanessa/Ali protest march were made with | those two being emphasised as the centre of interest... and | was cropped accordingly ... 25 years on the whole uncropped | negative is much more interesting and is a better picture in | every sense, historical and otherwise... I have made the | exhibition print using the whole negative as shown in the | 10x8."
Signed on verso in black ink, upper right: "Morley"; signed and dated on attached label: "Lewis. | Oct 27 1968"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banner | camera | cane | genre subject | marching | portrait | protesting
- Associated People:
- Redgrave, Vanessa (born 1937), actress and activist
Ali, Tariq (born 1943), writer, journalist, and filmmaker
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, Vanessa Redgrave and Tariq Ali at Protest March, 1968