IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, Trafalgar Square Rally, 1968
Trafalgar Square Rally
- Gelatin silver print on resin-coated photographic paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (14.9 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "24"; lower left: "Trafalgar Sq."; inscribed on verso in black ink, lower left: "MB | SH. 6"
Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"
Lettering inside image, center: "DIGGERS | make love not war"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Morley"; dated in black ink, lower left: "1968"; signed on verso in black ink, lower right: "Morley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banner | genre subject | portrait | protesting
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Trafalgar Square | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.