- Robert Stephens and Laurence Olivier in 'The Recruiting Officer' by George Farquhar
- Gelatin silver print on resin-coated photographic paper
- Sheet: 10 × 8 inches (25.4 × 20.3 cm) and Image: 9 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (24.4 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink, center: "Ste<v>phens & Olivier | 'Recruiting Officer' | Nat-Theatre"
Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"
Signed on verso in black ink, lower right: "Morley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | boots | costumes | hat | portrait | uniforms
- Associated People:
- Olivier, Laurence Kerr, Baron Olivier (1907–1989), actor and director
Stephens, Sir Robert Graham (1931–1995), actor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, Robert Stephens and Laurence Olivier in 'The Recruiting Officer' by George Farquhar, 1963
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.